Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem

openpli transcoding

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #21 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2017 - 19:58

Thanks, yes I am still on Windows. I tried issuing the command and I can see the streamproxy.sh listet but I can't run it?

Attached File  proxy.jpg   153.48KB   5 downloads

To fast did it again with the right path:

root@vuuno4kse:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/streamproxy.sh start
Starting Streamproxy: /usr/bin/streamproxy is already running
streamproxy.

I will remove VLC and all settings and all cash and start again.

The stream link above works in 

Edited by casperse, 30 December 2017 - 19:59.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,215 posts

+1,713
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2017 - 20:32

Ok, if it's running then at least it isn't something on the box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:55

This is the third report of missing audio within a timespan of two weeks. And everytime it's VLC to blame. Apparently they messed up something lately. I am not using VLC and for me it just works.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,215 posts

+1,713
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2017 - 14:39

VLC on Linux doesn't have this problem, but it is on version 3.0.0+, while the version downloadable for Windows is lagging behind, it's currently on version 2.2.8.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #25 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2018 - 16:58

If by "on PC" you mean Windows, no, I can't. Haven't used Windows in years. My VLC version (help, about) says 3.0.0-rc2.

What if you get the URL out of the m3u, go to media, open network stream in vlc, and paste the direct URL in? So something like

http://172.16.1.43:8001/1:0:1:1845:7F3:2:11A0000:0:0:0:?bitrate=2000000?width=1280?height=720?aspectratio=2?interlaced=0

this is an FTA channel on 28.2.

Yes the windows version is lacking behind!

I managed to open the link as described directly in re-installed VLC and that works transcoding with sound!

But opening the generated m3u from webif doesn't work in my VLC (So I have to make these direct links)

OpenWebif is not reading any of my picons that I have placed in Openpli standard path: \root\usr\share\enigma2\picon

Reading OPenPli guides it states that Webif should also read this?

I guess when the transcoding icon comes back I dont have to create the links manually anymore either

Can I update the Openwebif manually in the image? Or should I just wait for the image to catch up later? (Whats the safest way to do this?)

Again thanks for all your input nice to learn new things about Openpli and transcoding  :D

Edited by casperse, 2 January 2018 - 16:59.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,215 posts

+1,713
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2018 - 17:13

But opening the generated m3u from webif doesn't work in my VLC (So I have to make these direct links)

That must be a VLC bug then, as there is nothing else of importance in the m3u. Download and open the file in notepad to double check, it might be that OpenWebIf generates an incorrect URL for some reason.

OpenWebif is not reading any of my picons that I have placed in Openpli standard path: \root\usr\share\enigma2\picon

What gives you the idea that that is the standard path?

This sounds like you have multiple "picon" directories, only one will be used, which is the first one found. Confusing is that the image uses a different search order than OpenWebif, so that may account for one working and one not...

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #27 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2018 - 17:48

Agreed there must be something with this version of VLC

Reading the forum I found this:

OWIF uses the same search path for picons as E2:
/media/cf/picon
/media/mmc/picon
/media/usb/picon
/picon
/media/hdd/picon
/usr/share/enigma2/picon

And I have placed them all in the :/usr/share/enigma2/picon (I have no other picons in any other directory!)

Edited by casperse, 2 January 2018 - 17:49.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,215 posts

+1,713
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2018 - 17:58

Yes, but not in that order!

E2 seems to check /usr/share/enigma2/picon first (why I have no idea, it's a very bad place to put them), but OWIF only checks this as a last resort.

If the image displays them, but OWIF not, please file an issue with them as we don't maintain OWIF: https://github.com/E...penWebif/issues

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #29 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2018 - 18:23

Yes, but not in that order!

E2 seems to check /usr/share/enigma2/picon first (why I have no idea, it's a very bad place to put them), but OWIF only checks this as a last resort.

If the image displays them, but OWIF not, please file an issue with them as we don't maintain OWIF: https://github.com/E...penWebif/issues

Actually it all depends on the box, this new VU+ Uno 4k SE have plenty of space to store the picons, my old box would need a USB in order not to startup the internal HD every time it should loads the picons.

Anyway thanks for the link, I have posted this as an issue there THANKS!

Edited by casperse, 2 January 2018 - 18:24.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,215 posts

+1,713
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2018 - 18:37

If you want to place them in flash, /picon is a better location than deep in the filesystem, in the middle of all enigma files.

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #31 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:43

The box cannot playback 4k video encoded with h264. Either you have to reencode the video data(which is most likely quite slow).
There is no way to install a new video codec or similar. The decoding is done in hardware and the hardware don’t support it.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Vu+ Uno4Kse - Transcoding problem #32 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 26 December 2019 - 15:57

Again you can’t say install other codec to watch the movies.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users