• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

Re: Language assistance requested... #661 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,746 posts

+214
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 07:21

We using standardized number position (3rd, 4th position, there on "1" was under enigma exception, because it was used for renaming or technical things and not writing poems). I did not expect that this ( years proven), will be changed

"cs_CZ": (
		(u"abc2\u00E1\u010DABC\u00C1\u010C", u"ABC2\u00C1\u010C", u"abc2\u00E1\u010D"),
		(u"def3\u010F\u00E9\u011BDEF\u010E\u00C9\u011A", u"DEF3\u010E\u00C9\u011A", u"def3\u010F\u00E9\u011B"),
		(u"ghi4\u00EDGHI\u00CD", u"GHI4\u00CD", u"ghi4\u00ED"),
		(None, None, None),
		(u"mno6\u0148\u00F3MNO\u0147\u00D3", u"MNO6\u0147\u00D3", u"mno6\u0148\u00F3"),
		(u"pqrs7\u0159\u0161PQRS\u0158\u0160", u"PQRS7\u0158\u0160", u"pqrs7\u0159\u0161"),
		(u"tuv8\u0165\u00FA\u016FTUV\u0164\u00DA\u016E", u"TUV8\u0164\u00DA\u016E", u"tuv8\u0165\u00FA\u016F"),
		(u"wxyz9\u00FD\u017EWXYZ\u00DD\u017D", u"WXYZ9\u00DD\u017D", u"wxyz9\u00FD\u017E")
	),

Edited by ims, 5 September 2018 - 07:28.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Language assistance requested... #662 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 09:35

Hi,

Wow!  What polite and helpful comments (NOT).  I did not rob you or kill your first born, let's drop the attitude and anger.  It doesn't and won't help!  We are here to work together and contribute to a common goal.

Why were these issues not reported when I provide code here for testing and review?  That is exactly why I go to the trouble of submitting early access to the code so that people, like yourselves, can try out the code and provide feedback.

Ims has provided the data for cs_CZ, what about all the other languages?

• Can I please have a set of all 10 strings with the correct sequence of characters for each language.
  • How should those sequences change for the search based screens?
  • Is there going to be any consensus on how the data is presented?

I think it is poor user interface to have different presentations for the different languages.  Ims has proposed the order be English lowercase followed by a digit followed by local characters lowercase followed by English upper case followed by local characters uppercase.  I think Taapat wants English and local characters lowercase in language order then the digit then the English and local characters uppercase in language order.  If I have understood Tappat correctly then I believe his proposal is more logical.  Can you please discuss the order options and come up with a coherent order that can be applied uniformly.

When I get see some agreement and consensus and others have an opportunity to submit corrections for their languages I will update the code with the corrected information.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 5 September 2018 - 09:36.

Re: Language assistance requested... #663 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 11:50

I personally use the git repository to check the changes.
I see changes and I can discuss abouth them.
Why do you want if me search files in forum?

I do not want to you change all languages as in my wish.
I created the following Latvian layout to fit the layout in the phone. What Latvians have always used when typing letters with numbers.
I do not know how it is in other languages, therefore, I speak only about my Latvian language.

Please return the Latvian layout as it was before.

Edited by Taapat, 5 September 2018 - 11:57.

Re: Language assistance requested... #664 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 11:55

And forget about English and local characters.
These are all local characters, only in many languages some local characters are identical to English characters.
Therefore, each language is individual and there can not be the same system for all.

Re: Language assistance requested... #665 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,746 posts

+214
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 11:59

I think, it is legitime, when is code in DEVELOP, to discuss it... Only, what I want, is old layout ( including key 1 ... space first), as is used whole time in my country.  That's all...

Re: Language assistance requested... #666 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:02

Hi Taapat,

The master or original copy of the software is NOT in the OpenPLi GIT repository.  Many of the interested people may not be happy going to the repository to find out what is going on.  This forum is an appropriate, and the only reasonable place, to discuss OpenPLi concerns.

The original code did not offer searches in the local language.  All searches for ALL languages were ONLY in English.  I have added the multi language code and functionality.  There is no original code to restore for all the information I requested.  If you like I can delete Latvian searches and return you to the English only version.

I think it would be a terrible UI if all the languages work differently.  We have a forum, we have interested parties here looking at what is going on.  Can't there be some discussion to find a better and cleaner way to implement the languages more predictably and uniformly?

Ims would you consider the style that Taapat has suggested?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #667 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:06

Hi Ims,

I think, it is legitime, when is code in DEVELOP, to discuss it... Only, what I want, is old layout ( including key 1 ... space first), as is used whole time in my country.  That's all...

On all the remote controls that I have seen the sequence on the "1" button is "1 .:"  Are you asking for a change for " 1.:" because that is what you are used to seeing or is there some better reason?  I think it is a VERY bad UI to swap what is on the screen from what is on the button.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #668 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:08

@IanSave

New test images with latest enigma2 for you my friend :)

beyonwizt3: http://www.mediafire...t3_usb.zip/file

beyonwizt4: http://www.mediafire...t4_usb.zip/file

beyonwizu4: http://www.mediafire...u4_usb.zip/file

Regards,

Persian Prince

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Language assistance requested... #669 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:08

Hi,

I should also mention that just because things have been one way for a long time does not mean that things can't change if there is a better way or if there is some more logical reason for a change.

Most of the comments I have been given are supportive and welcoming of the improvements.  Some people seem to complain if ANYTHING changes.  Even if what was there was broken.

Please see my changes as an opportunity to fix the problems of the past and move forward to a cleaner and better system.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #670 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:11

Hi Persian Prince,

Thank you.

Do you have any interest in the conversation on NumericalTextInput?  Do you want Persian added to the languages supported?  Do you have any input on the order of the characters?

I would like to hear from some of the other readers here.  This discussion should not be dominated by the negative few.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #671 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:17

Hi Persian Prince,

Thank you.

Do you have any interest in the conversation on NumericalTextInput?  Do you want Persian added to the languages supported?  Do you have any input on the order of the characters?

I would like to hear from some of the other readers here.  This discussion should not be dominated by the negative few.

Regards,

Ian.

I was so busy with http://www.mediafire...q4d9/pli-extras which has more than 190 images now so I need some rest :)

Next week for sure I will check it and absolutely I want Persian to be there ;)

Regards,

Persian Prince

Re: Language assistance requested... #672 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:19

Hi Ims,

On all the remote controls that I have seen the sequence on the "1" button is "1 .:"  Are you asking for a change for " 1.:" because that is what you are used to seeing or is there some better reason?  I think it is a VERY bad UI to swap what is on the screen from what is on the button.

After making my post I went back to look at the catalogue of Enigma2 remote controls that I have been able to acquire.  My comment is mostly in error.  Most of the Enigma2 remote controls only have the digit "1" on the "1" button.  Of the few remote controls that have other data on the "1" button most have "1 .:" but there are versions that don't have a space at all.

It seems that the functionality assigned to the "1" button is very ill defined.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #673 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:21

Hi Ims,

After making my post I went back to look at the catalogue of Enigma2 remote controls that I have been able to acquire.  My comment is mostly in error.  Most of the Enigma2 remote controls only have the digit "1" on the "1" button.  Of the few remote controls that have other data on the "1" button most have "1 .:" but there are versions that don't have a space at all.

It seems that the functionality assigned to the "1" button is very ill defined.

Regards,

Ian.

You can see all enigma2 remote controls here: https://github.com/o...randing/remotes

Regards,

Persian Prince

Re: Language assistance requested... #674 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:25

Hi Persian Prince,

Thank you for a very helpful post.  I will add the link to my collection.

I use the images of all the remote controls to try and find the best button to use for my new ActionMaps.  Sometimes a button I want to use is not available on some remote controls so I try to find another option that could work.  With the improved Help system the user gets told what button on their remote control activates the desired function.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #675 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,345 posts

+121
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 12:40

The original code did not offer searches in the local language.  All searches for ALL languages were ONLY in English.  I have added the multi language code and functionality.  There is no original code to restore for all the information I requested.  If you like I can delete Latvian searches and return you to the English only version.

Can you please give an example where and how this search is used in OpenPli.
I have so far not noticed any restrictions using the Latvian layout.

But maybe I miss something.

Edited by Taapat, 5 September 2018 - 12:42.

Re: Language assistance requested... #676 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,746 posts

+214
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 15:07

Hi Ims,

Regards,

Ian.

Ok, button 1 can be as is ...  But 2-9 is problem...

btw - " 1" was under E2, because more often is used in renaming space than 1. But it will not problem...

Re: Language assistance requested... #677 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 16:10

Hi Ims,

Would you accept the characters in the lexical sequence that Taapat suggested?  I would like to achieve some sense of uniformity across the languages.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #678 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 16:15

Hi Taapat,

Can you please give an example where and how this search is used in OpenPli.
I have so far not noticed any restrictions using the Latvian layout.

But maybe I miss something.

The search functionality in MovieSelection uses the modified search parameters of NumericalTextInput.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #679 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,746 posts

+214
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2018 - 16:20

But when we have on phones "abc2áčABCÁČ", then we will use "aábcč2AÁBCČ" ?

Attached Files

Re: Language assistance requested... #680 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 September 2018 - 16:27

Hi Ims,

That information seems to imply that what Taapat is asking for is incorrect.  Is that document for Czech only or does it have other sections for other languages?  May I please have a link to the full document?

Is that from the book "Usability and Internationalization. Global and Local User Interfaces ..., Part 2"?

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 5 September 2018 - 16:31.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users