• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

Re: Language assistance requested... #741 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 9 September 2018 - 21:04

I confirm that the Estonian keyboard is still OK (2018-09-09 (develop))

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Language assistance requested... #742 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:12

Hi Zeros,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #743 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 September 2018 - 14:29

Hi Ims,

The new skin.py "parseParameter" code has been questioned by PeterU in the Beyonwiz repository.  He is concerned that existing code that currently uses parameters only knows about processing numbers.  All the code in the new "parseParameter" returnes numbers except for the string result.  This may cause issues or crashes in the downstream receiving code.

PeterU suggests abandoning the string return and changing

elif s.lstrip('-+ ').isdigit():
    return int(s)
else:
    return s

to

else:
    return int(s)

I would like to keep the option of having string parameters and prefer that all code do their own validation of any parameter data but at the moment this is not the case.  All existing code simply assumes that the data coming from parameters will be numeric.

What do you think?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #744 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2018 - 14:46

No problem just send a PR that will change to else: int(s).

To be honest it was like this, but then Huevos request to support strings as well.

So go ahead, when string parameter arive's we will find a way.
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Language assistance requested... #745 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 September 2018 - 14:49

Hi Athoik,

I think it was me who asked about strings.  :)  I would still like to have them but I don't want to put other code at risk.  To be able to accept string parameters all code that accepts parameters would need to be updated to validate any incoming data.

I would like to get Ims's input before submitting changes.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 13 September 2018 - 14:51.

Re: Language assistance requested... #746 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2018 - 14:58

I have not idea ... all this pars there in whole e2 code was for using decimal numbers, VK has hex and string now...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Language assistance requested... #747 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 September 2018 - 16:00

Hi Ims,

Okay, to protect legacy code I will submit the change.  I didn't want to make any changes without alerting you and discussing the matter first.

In the future we can protect the legacy code by checking that parameters are numeric if that is what is required and then we can restore string parameters.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #748 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 September 2018 - 16:49

Hi Ims and Athoik,

It was Athoik and not Ims who created the "parseParameter" change.  I apologise for the confusing posts above where I addressed the incorrect person in regard to that change.  :)

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #749 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2018 - 16:53

No problem. ;)
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1

Re: Language assistance requested... #750 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 September 2018 - 16:59

Hi Athoik,

The Travis CI build appears to have failed. Is this something I need to address?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #751 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2018 - 17:18

We do not check for python errors on Travis CI build (although I did prepare it on my repo).

So most probably it's an Travis CI error (eg timeout downloading a package or so).

Re: Language assistance requested... #752 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2018 - 21:06

@IanSav

1) You are requesting all discussion here about all changes in VirtualKeyBoard.
Sorry if I miss something, but where is the question about this change: https://github.com/O...926462b1fed0987

Your added function okClicked did not fix anything for my plugin.
If you would have looked into my plugin code (and there are only a few lines), you would see that I need for this function call from action map instead of an empty extra function with the same name.

Ok I added an additional function in my plugin to fix this.

You can remove okClicked from VirtualKeyBoard.

2) You are writing here that your changes are used on OpenViX and beyonwiz and thefore nothing can not be changed in openplit git.
Unfortunately I do not see any of your changes in any of the branch not in OpenViX: https://github.com/O...tualKeyBoard.py

not in beyonwiz: https://bitbucket.or...le-view-default
Where your changes in VirtualKeyBoard applied without openpli?

Re: Language assistance requested... #753 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2018 - 22:23

@IanSav

1) You are requesting all discussion here about all changes in VirtualKeyBoard.
Sorry if I miss something, but where is the question about this change: https://github.com/O...926462b1fed0987

Your added function okClicked did not fix anything for my plugin.
If you would have looked into my plugin code (and there are only a few lines), you would see that I need for this function call from action map instead of an empty extra function with the same name.

Ok I added an additional function in my plugin to fix this.

You can remove okClicked from VirtualKeyBoard.

2) You are writing here that your changes are used on OpenViX and beyonwiz and thefore nothing can not be changed in openplit git.
Unfortunately I do not see any of your changes in any of the branch not in OpenViX: https://github.com/O...tualKeyBoard.py

not in beyonwiz: https://bitbucket.or...le-view-default
Where your changes in VirtualKeyBoard applied without openpli?

Ian is trying to accommodate PLi first.

All the new VKeyboard stuff is currently committed in my OpenViX fork.

https://github.com/H...ma2/commits/Dev

Re: Language assistance requested... #754 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:38

Hi Taapat,

1) I forecast the change in Post #583.

2) The code has been with OpenViX for a while.  The delay has been in updating skins for OpenViX before the change launches.

There is a story behind the Beyonwiz changes that I am unable to elaborate on at this time.  The code is actually developed on the Beyonwiz platform so the changes are fully developed for that platform as well.

It makes sense to start with OpenPLi first as it is the upstream source for OpenViX and Beyonwiz.  Implementing on OpenPLi first reduces merge considerations downstream.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #755 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:59

Now it get’s interesting...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Language assistance requested... #756 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:41

If this changes is only used on openpli, then where is the problem with the normal developing process with offering changes to git instead of changing files in the forum?

Re: Language assistance requested... #757 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:47

Hi Littlesat,

Now it get’s interesting...

More than you could ever guess.  Unfortunately I am not permitted to speak publically.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #758 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:49

Hi Taapat,

If this changes is only used on openpli, then where is the problem with the normal developing process with offering changes to git instead of changing files in the forum?

That is not what Huevos or I said.  OpenViX has exactly the same code as OpenPLi.  The delay has come about because a number of skins are being updated, in the background, before the new code is made public.  I believe that this skin update effort is now almost complete.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #759 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:56

And here they have another design of a keyboard... With wider buttons on the left and a longer spacebar and they are busy with youtube siggestions (which works until youtube brakes it ;))

https://forums.openp...gin-10/page-125

Personally I like the wider spacebar + the wider buttons on the left... 

This also means this topic is getting even more interesting... And I'm happy to read that it is pioneered at the 'source' of all the open code....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Language assistance requested... #760 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:05

Because you don't post code to the git until it is ready for beta testing. Ian is sharing his code here so all involved can try changes before they are pushed. That way it doesn't make a big mess of the git history where code/ideas are immediately rejected.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users