998 replies to this topic

Re: Language assistance requested... #801 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 April 2019 - 11:33

Hi WanWizard,

I don't like the word "risk" when we're about to branch off a release-candidate...

Any changes are always a risk.  I hope my changes pose a minimal risk.  ;)

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #802 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 12:29

I can't jugde that, with my limited python skills. Hence my remark to Littlesat.

As a member of the "release team", I am naturally reluctant to change just before staring preparations for a new release. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Language assistance requested... #803 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 12:58

I can't jugde that, with my limited python skills. Hence my remark to Littlesat.

As a member of the "release team", I am naturally reluctant to change just before staring preparations for a new release. ;)

As it had already been broken since Ian first submitted it and was incomplete in various locales I think the new code is definitely a forward move.

Edited by Huevos, 1 April 2019 - 12:58.

Re: Language assistance requested... #804 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 13:37

My private notes:

- 2x EXIT in footer ... Once Red button and once Exit must be enough, imho ... move in self.footer button "DEL" instead right EXIT ... when user wants remove chars, then he can easy change position between 'Backspace' and 'DEL' with change position in VK with Up/Down buttons.

- do not forget - we have not real keyboard in hands, but remote controlers only => some things in layout is better have different than as real keyboard (in addition - M$ layout).

example - is good to have '.' near to digits - when must be IP put as string

- ˇ and ´ in cs layout is 'death' key, standallone this have no sence. Similar - death key is °. Better is in this case to have instead '°' here '.' and '°' put to any empty place ... etc

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Language assistance requested... #805 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 13:39

As it had already been broken since Ian first submitted it and was incomplete in various locales I think the new code is definitely a forward move.

where it was brocken ?

Re: Language assistance requested... #806 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 14:30

where it was brocken ?

The movement cursor keeps changing colours, The button colour coding is broken, the language layouts have been inappropriately duplicated / bloated. The new GREEN button code is poorly and only half implemented. The changes require skins to be changed. OpenPLi code made a mess of code simplicity that will be much harder to maintain. I'll leave it to Ian to explain further as it was him that wrote the code and was subsequently disappointed.

Re: Language assistance requested... #807 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 14:41

Do we also need some updates on our standard skins: https://github.com/l...r/share/enigma2

@Wanwizard, please let me know when we want to release... this is indeed not a good one to merge just before the release... So as soon the 7.1-rc branch is made I can merge it.. when release may take longer (e.g. >= 2 weeks) we can consider to merge and have time to solve experienced issues.

Edited by littlesat, 1 April 2019 - 14:42.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Language assistance requested... #808 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 April 2019 - 15:57

Hi,

@Littlesat:

If the skins were not changed since the code I previously submitted then further skin changes should not be required.  I submitted the new images required in my pull request.  The grid size and details defined in the skin SML has not changed.

@ims:

What do you think about this layout?

Attached File  VKB.jpg   102.34KB   1 downloads

Part of the specifications for this update was that the on screen keyboard should closely match a physical keyboard.  Moving buttons around will contradict that request.  It also makes it harder to find the buttons if users are familiar with physical keyboards.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #809 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 16:03

If the skins were not changed since the code I previously submitted then further skin changes should not be required.  I submitted the new images required in my pull request.  The grid size and details defined in the skin SML has not changed.

OK thanks... i cannot test in the coming days... when someone else can test it I'll merge it... and/or I'm awaiting for comments.... It might also be nice to have this as extra for 7.1...

Edited by littlesat, 1 April 2019 - 16:03.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Language assistance requested... #810 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 April 2019 - 16:14

Hi Ims,

For IP address entry position the cursor over the "." on the VKB and use the number buttons on the remote control for digit entry and then press OK for the dots.  ;)

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 1 April 2019 - 16:15.

Re: Language assistance requested... #811 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 April 2019 - 16:16

Hi Littlesat,

Remember to read my updated documentation to see what has changed.  The section on image clean up has also been updated.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #812 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 April 2019 - 16:42

Hi,

Pull request updated with the footer bar suggestion from Ims.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #813 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 18:18

Part of the specifications for this update was that the on screen keyboard should closely match a physical keyboard.  Moving buttons around will contradict that request.  It also makes it harder to find the buttons if users are familiar with physical keyboards.

And I always thought it was for greater user comfort :)

For IP address entry position the cursor over the "." on the VKB and use the number buttons on the remote control for digit entry and then press OK for the dots.  ;)
Very uncomfortable ... ;)

Notes: 
- width for FullHD is +14px ?
- EXIT , Clear ... translated words in E2

Attached Files

• Attached File  exit.PNG   13.33KB   2 downloads
  • Attached File  CLS.PNG   9.11KB   2 downloads

Re: Language assistance requested... #814 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2019 - 21:06

The new GREEN button code is poorly and only half implemented.

And now in VirtualKeyBoard _init you change "keyGreen" to "style" and call GSOD in plugin EPGSearch where is used "keyGreen".
Maybe I miss something, but how I after you changes on key green can show text "Search"?

Re: Language assistance requested... #815 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 02:52

Hi Ims,

The padding for each button can be changed with the "VirtualKeyBoardPadding" parameter (as per the documentation).  I set the padding such that the cursor and the highlighting would not clash with the button text.  Can you use a contraction in the translation?  For example, if "Clear" didn't fit I would use "Clr".

If you set the padding to less than the default values then you should set the "VirtualKeyBoardAlignment" to "2,2" to keep the cell contents central and visible.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #816 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 02:53

Hi Taapat,

I have now added "VKB_SEARCH_GRAPHIC" and "VKB_SEARCH_TEXT" options to generate the requested "Search" options.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #817 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 07:09

Hi IanSav, 
thanks!

But personally I think that _TEXT options are unnecessary.
I see the benefit of the _GRAPHIC option, but I can't see from _TEXT.
Is it really better first improt _TEXT option from VirtualKeyBoard and then use it instead of simply specifying the desired text in style?

I think it would be better to remove all _TEXT options and change to: 
		greenLabel, self.green = {
			VKB_DONE_GRAPHIC: ("Done", u"ENTER"),
			VKB_ENTER_GRAPHIC: ("Enter", u"ENTER"),
			VKB_OK_GRAPHIC: ("OK", u"ENTER"),
			VKB_SAVE_GRAPHIC: ("Save", u"ENTER"),
		}.get(style, (style, u"ENTER"))

Then, you could specify any text as it was before.

The second thing I do not think that replace "keyGreen" on "style" is correct.
It's just a green button style, not the whole keyboard.

Edited by Taapat, 2 April 2019 - 07:09.

Re: Language assistance requested... #818 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 07:24

Hi Taapat,

The code, as I wrote it, allows for a single and synchronised management of the GREEN button text as well as the directly related item in the keyboard grid.  For example, the image of an ENTER key may not be what people expect or want to see for the "Search" function you suggested.  I felt it was more consistent, and added minimal code, to keep the options open for people who call this code to select how they want the UI to be presented.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 2 April 2019 - 07:25.

Re: Language assistance requested... #819 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2019 - 09:05

Hi Ims,

The padding for each button can be changed with the "VirtualKeyBoardPadding" parameter (as per the documentation).  I set the padding such that the cursor and the highlighting would not clash with the button text.  Can you use a contraction in the translation?  For example, if "Clear" didn't fit I would use "Clr".

If you set the padding to less than the default values then you should set the "VirtualKeyBoardAlignment" to "2,2" to keep the cell contents central and visible.

Regards,

Ian.

'Clear' or 'Exit' cannot be contracted, because this are standard strings used in E2 on next places ...  see picture

May be - set it as .png too and if transparent png with text in skin not exist, then use text ?

Attached Files

• Attached File  vk1.PNG   40.08KB   2 downloads

Re: Language assistance requested... #820 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 2 April 2019 - 09:46

Hi Ims,

For "Exit" would it be acceptable to use an icon like:

Attached File  Exit.png   26.58KB   1 downloads

In this way we could avoid translation issues altogether.

Regards,

Ian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users