• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 486 reacties in dit onderwerp

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #121 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7185 berichten

+323
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 17:28

According to manufacturer it’s a box issue. If you have the knowledge you can use contact cleaner to clean the front panel or you have to send the box back to the manufacturer to repair it.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #122 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27445 berichten

+396
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 18:14

In case you still want to try it again.

Did you remove the SD card in case you had placed one? 

Format an USB stick FAT32, copy the four files into the root of the USB stick (no other files should be present), power on the box and immediately push and hold the front power button until it turns red. Flash menu should also show recovery via USB. Choose this option and downloading should start and afterwards the flashing starts.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #123 VraKo

• 7 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 18:26

The boot menu is octagon firmware, it is not related to whatever image is on the box. So I don't really understand why the remote would behave differently, the image isn't running at that point?

You can also make mmc_image available (just like OpenATV, OpenEight, OpenHDF, etc.), the online flash procedure works fine for me, so I could install OpenPli this way.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #124 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69118 berichten

+1763
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 18:46

That is not related to the issue reported?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #125 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 20:12

USB offline update not working, I unzipped files to usb flash drive (8GB, FAT32 format), turn off receiver, connect usb flash drive to usb port, turn on receiver with power button, boot screen will appear, but I cannot select Recovery from USB - the receiver does not respond to commands from the remote control.

Mine does the same. Box doesn't respond to any remote key after appearing the Boot Menu.

I didn't bought the box. A friend of mine gave it to me.

The only way I can do a USB update is using two USB Flash Drives.

1) A USB flash drive which has a recover image (don't remember where I got it from), to boot receiver, and then remote control works.....

2)  when you have the BOOT selection, you change the USB Drive and insert the one which contains the image you want to flash. Then you can press the USB recovery option and will start working.

According to manufacturer it’s a box issue. If you have the knowledge you can use contact cleaner to clean the front panel or you have to send the box back to the manufacturer to repair it.

Which part of the front panel has to be cleaned ???

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #126 VraKo

• 7 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 21:25

USB offline update not working, I unzipped files to usb flash drive (8GB, FAT32 format), turn off receiver, connect usb flash drive to usb port, turn on receiver with power button, boot screen will appear, but I cannot select Recovery from USB - the receiver does not respond to commands from the remote control.

Mine does the same. Box doesn't respond to any remote key after appearing the Boot Menu.

1) A USB flash drive which has a recover image (don't remember where I got it from), to boot receiver, and then remote control works.....

2)  when you have the BOOT selection, you change the USB Drive and insert the one which contains the image you want to flash. Then you can press the USB recovery option and will start working.

I don't know if I understand it correctly.
1) After switching on, connect USB flash drive with what content? Can it be empty?
2) Then should the remote control work and select Recovery from USB?
3) Then I disconnect the fake usb disk and mount the usb disk with the OpenPli image and the process will start?

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #127 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7185 berichten

+323
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 21:44

2) when you have the BOOT selection, you change the USB Drive and insert the one which contains the image you want to flash. Then you can press the USB recovery option and will start working.

Which part of the front panel has to be cleaned ???

Can’t really answer this. Front panel is not big. So at best clean complete front panel.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #128 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 21:54

Power off receiver

Connect the USB flash drive that contains the image recovery files It is named sf8008_2018-09-22_recover.zip, 110 MB aprox.). (i'm currently not at home, If you want, I can send it to you tomorrow)

Turn on receiver pressing power button until it gets red and says "boot".

After 10 o 15 seconds, the boot menu will appear (Start 1, start 2, USB network...)

Then you can check that remote works, by pressing the up or down buttons. Don't press OK.

Change the USB flash drive, and connect the one that has the image you want to upload.

select USB... and press OK and will start.....

Spoiler

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #129 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 21:56

Can’t really answer this. Front panel is not big. So at best clean complete front panel.

I don't understand why has to be cleaned... (internally, externally ???)

Doing what I've said before, the upgrade works.....

Veranderd door jpuigs, 23 februari 2020 - 21:57

Spoiler

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #130 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 22:31

It is named sf8008_2018-09-22_recover.zip, 110 MB aprox.).

Here it is. It is not mine.

https://mega.nz/#!x3...XWmIrTRhrx3ME1s

Spoiler

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #131 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7185 berichten

+323
Excellent

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 22:56

It’s a known problem that some sf8008 boxes have.
Can’t tell you more. Ask manufacturer.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #132 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 23 februari 2020 - 23:55

Just done.

Spoiler

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #133 VraKo

• 7 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 24 februari 2020 - 12:19

Power off receiver

Connect the USB flash drive that contains the image recovery files It is named sf8008_2018-09-22_recover.zip, 110 MB aprox.). (i'm currently not at home, If you want, I can send it to you tomorrow)

Turn on receiver pressing power button until it gets red and says "boot".

After 10 o 15 seconds, the boot menu will appear (Start 1, start 2, USB network...)

Then you can check that remote works, by pressing the up or down buttons. Don't press OK.

Change the USB flash drive, and connect the one that has the image you want to upload.

select USB... and press OK and will start.....

OK, I use these files (sf8008_2018-09-22_recover.zip) to restore the box through the HiTool application.  I'll try it.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #134 taha

• 30 berichten

+2
Neutral

Geplaatst op 24 februari 2020 - 14:38

OK, I use these files (sf8008_2018-09-22_recover.zip) to restore the box through the HiTool application.  I'll try it.

You can use this is newest

https://www.mediafir...190826.rar/file

Veranderd door taha, 24 februari 2020 - 14:39

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #135 pereira69

• 93 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 24 februari 2020 - 20:06

Today I installed a clean image 2/24/2020 and youtube still does not read 4K videos, I tried to read videos for example mkv in 4k and does not read the box is blocked.

But it opens 4k channels without problems.

The same videos are opened in other images without problems, I hope I helped

Veranderd door pereira69, 24 februari 2020 - 20:07

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #136 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56614 berichten

+694
Excellent

Geplaatst op 24 februari 2020 - 20:08

On which box? Not every box is doing v9,the required codec any more. Especially the later broadcom socs.

Veranderd door littlesat, 24 februari 2020 - 20:09

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #137 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69118 berichten

+1763
Excellent

Geplaatst op 24 februari 2020 - 21:21

I hope the SF8008, as this topic is about that box...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #138 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56614 berichten

+694
Excellent

Geplaatst op 24 februari 2020 - 23:14

Oeps! When it is a broadcom then I fully understand why YouTube 4K does not work ....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #139 jpuigs

• 1143 berichten

+32
Good

Geplaatst op 25 februari 2020 - 00:05

root@sf8008:~# opkg update                                                                                              
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7-release/3rd-party-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.          
Updated source 'openpli-3rd-party-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4'.                                                              
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7-release/3rd-party/Packages.gz.                                 
Updated source 'openpli-3rd-party'.                                                                                     
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7-release/3rd-party-sf8008/Packages.gz.                          
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found                                                                     
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7.2-rc/all/Packages.gz.                                          
Updated source 'openpli-all'.                                                                                           
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7.2-rc/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.                       
Updated source 'openpli-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4'.                                                                        
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7-release/picons/Packages.gz.                                    
Updated source 'openpli-picons'.                                                                                        
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7.2-rc/sf8008/Packages.gz.                                       
Updated source 'openpli-sf8008'.                                                                                       
Collected errors:                                                                                                       
 * opkg_download_backend: Failed to download http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-7-release/3rd-party-sf8008/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

Spoiler

Re: Octagon SF8008 OpenPli Support #140 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69118 berichten

+1763
Excellent

Geplaatst op 25 februari 2020 - 01:15

Not a problem, the third-party feed doesn't exist yet. It will be created when the rc moves to release.

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers