release

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #161 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2020 - 22:04

It seems that I didn't do everything you asked for today..I claim ... OpenPli.7.3 can only work in flash and in no other way...

Someone deny me with current evidence...

Since we don't understand each other ...

Thanks for all..

3 flash with usb today is a lot..

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #162 Kaizoku

• 65 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2020 - 22:06

Did you install in slot 1 openvix-5.3.039.release-zgemmah7_recovery_emmc.zip or the multiboot image openvix-5.3.039.release-zgemmah7_usb.zip ?
You said you flash all of the images with usb, the only image that need to be extracted to usb are:
• openvix-5.3.039.release-zgemmah7_recovery_emmc.zip
• openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20200730_recovery_emmc.zip
• openpli-7.3-release-h7-20200727_usb.zip

Once one of these is flashed in slot 1 you should be able to install multiboot images and see them in boot menu..
If not then something wrong with the multiboot image.

Edited by Kaizoku, 30 July 2020 - 22:12.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #163 balkanac

• 85 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2020 - 22:13

Tell me WanWizard:
do you want to say that we need do mount the external unit as: /media/usb/, not /media/hdd/?

I think that no matter what the external drive (USB or HDD), but it is important how to mount it.

Explain this: what and how when using the HDD, and what and how when using the USB?

In other question: if you put in the flesh OpenPLi 7.3, that you see other image in multiboot? (I think the last version OpenVIX, Pure, OpenATV, OpenHDF, or whatever I want to leave ...)

This I have not tried it for the reason that I'm tired of empty stories that do not give a result. It is time to solve this: in one way or another ....

Your response and the response of developers will say in which way ...

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #164 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2020 - 22:49

If is is an USB device, it's a USB device, and by default it is mounted on /media/usb.

If you want to mount it somewhere else, label it. So if you label it "hdd", it is mounted as /media/hdd, unless that already exists.

As to the multiboot issue: I've already said, I am not a developer, and I don't have an H7 to test with. So I can only say how it is supposed to work, and how the developer says it works.

Like @Kaizoku also mentions, it is important the box is flashed with a new format image. Flashing a box will erase all multiboot partitions, it is not the same as flashing a multiboot image in slot 1.

I've been saying this for about a week now, but I am pretty sure this hasn't been done.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #165 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2020 - 23:17

I have USB flashed PLi develop.

Then tried online install all, what is on screenshot. Then I tried multiboot to OpenATV - works , then to PLi 7.3 - works. Then to VIX - works.

And because seems, that VIX has bug in theirs e2 Multiboot.py code, I had to replace this file and I could boot to develop again.

And then VIX again - boot and stop - and I had to put back previous .pyo for start enigma again.

Btw - how can you flash all images as usb ?! USB flashed is first image only - it erase all slots always and is placed to slot1. All others images are flashed online from gui to selected slot (talk to OpenATV and vix why they call it usb).

It's a pity that the multiboot does not support 50 slots, I would fill them all and instead of watching TV I would constantly switch them.

Attached Files

• Attached File  h7.jpg   99.13KB   4 downloads

Edited by ims, 30 July 2020 - 23:19.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #166 dudule22

• 309 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:18

On DUO4K video mode is lost sometimes after a standby. I need to select 2160 p,  select 'no' and select again 2160 p 30 Hz. Only this video mode works.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #167 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:04

Did you install in slot 1 openvix-5.3.039.release-zgemmah7_recovery_emmc.zip or the multiboot image openvix-5.3.039.release-zgemmah7_usb.zip ?
You said you flash all of the images with usb, the only image that need to be extracted to usb are:

Once one of these is flashed in slot 1 you should be able to install multiboot images and see them in boot menu..

I put it in the flash ( tested )

1-openvix-5.3.039.release-zgemmah7_recovery_emmc.zip

2-openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20200730_recovery_emmc.zip

3-zgemmah7-PurE2-6.5-20200729_recovery_emmc.zip

With the first it is possible to insert OpenPli into the multiboot ( 7.2 work normaly,7.3 does not see the slot)

with the other 2 image it is not possible to insert an OpenPli into the multiboot ,because multiboot does not recognize any OpenPli image ( 7.2 and 7.3 )

So the stories about the standard multiboot are not true...

OpenPli in Zgemma H7S can only work in flash or in a multiboot if in a flash OpenVix 5.3.039 but only OpenPli 7.2...

After inserting the image into the flash i inserted the image into the slots...

Edited by sportfootbol, 31 July 2020 - 10:09.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #168 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:08

Then tried online install all, what is on screenshot. Then I tried multiboot to OpenATV - works , then to PLi 7.3 - works. Then to VIX - works.

And because seems, that VIX has bug in theirs e2 Multiboot.py code, I had to replace this file and I could boot to develop again.

And then VIX again - boot and stop - and I had to put back previous .pyo for start enigma again.

Btw - how can you flash all images as usb ?! USB flashed is first image only - it erase all slots always and is placed to slot1. All others images are flashed online from gui to selected slot (talk to OpenATV and vix why they call it usb).

It's a pity that the multiboot does not support 50 slots, I would fill them all and instead of watching TV I would constantly switch them.

Try Pure 6.5...Thanks

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #169 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:11

If is is an USB device, it's a USB device, and by default it is mounted on /media/usb.

If you want to mount it somewhere else, label it. So if you label it "hdd", it is mounted as /media/hdd, unless that already exists.

As to the multiboot issue: I've already said, I am not a developer, and I don't have an H7 to test with. So I can only say how it is supposed to work, and how the developer says it works.

Like @Kaizoku also mentions, it is important the box is flashed with a new format image. Flashing a box will erase all multiboot partitions, it is not the same as flashing a multiboot image in slot 1.

I've been saying this for about a week now, but I am pretty sure this hasn't been done.

I did everything as you stated and the problem exists ... Details described in the previous post..

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #170 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,623 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:41

Try Pure 6.5...Thanks

First was problem in 4 images. If I tried it and no problems for me not, you ghave next image ? No, thanks.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #171 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:51

With the first it is possible to insert OpenPli into the multiboot ( 7.2 work normaly,7.3 does not see the slot)

with the other 2 image it is not possible to insert an OpenPli into the multiboot ,because multiboot does not recognize any OpenPli image ( 7.2 and 7.3 )

OpenPli in Zgemma H7S can only work in flash or in a multiboot if in a flash OpenVix 5.3.039 but only OpenPli 7.2...

I just test the multiboot on the Zgemma H7 and what seems strange to me is that you succeed in falshing _recovery_emmc.zip into different slot.

This is not possible with OpenPLI, you need to flash the _usb.zip version.

So here is how I proceed I flash the OpenPLI Release 7.3 USB version normally into the flash of the STB (not in multiboot).

Then I put an USB stick format it from the STB.

Then I create on it a folder called: downloaded_images

In this folder I transfer by FTP the file:  openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20200730_usb

I went into the Flash Manager there in the list of the download_images I have the OpenATV one select it and I flash it successfully into Slot 3.

I boot into OpenATV perform the setup go into the Image selector select to boot back into OpenPLI 7.3 and it is working fine.

There I select to boot again in OpenATV and it is working.

So Multiboot in OpenPLi is working fine if you flash the right image.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #172 balkanac

• 85 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:59

@Pr2

Do you try to install PurE2 6.5?

Does not work, right? :D

I think this whole discussion boils down to one sentence: programming teams OpenPLi and PurE2 do not want to find a solution to these two images work together in multiboot.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #173 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:00

To be clear:

What we call "USB" image is what you put on an USB stick and flash the box with the traditional way. This will (re)format the eMMC module, flashes the bootpartiion, and puts the image itself into slot 1. All other slots will be erased. Other images may call the the recovery image.

What others call the "USB" image is what you flash into a multiboot slot, without erasing/updating the boot partition and the multiboot partitions, and what we call "multiboot" image. This is the image you can flash via the menu.

If you flash an USB or recovery image and your multiboot slots are NOT erased, you're doing something wrong.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #174 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:01

I just test the multiboot on the Zgemma H7 and what seems strange to me is that you succeed in falshing _recovery_emmc.zip into different slot.

This is not possible with OpenPLI, you need to flash the _usb.zip version.

So here is how I proceed I flash the OpenPLI Release 7.3 USB version normally into the flash of the STB (not in multiboot).

Then I put an USB stick format it from the STB.

Then I create on it a folder called: downloaded_images

In this folder I transfer by FTP the file:  openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20200730_usb

I went into the Flash Manager there in the list of the download_images I have the OpenATV one select it and I flash it successfully into Slot 3.

I boot into OpenATV perform the setup go into the Image selector select to boot back into OpenPLI 7.3 and it is working fine.

There I select to boot again in OpenATV and it is working.

So Multiboot in OpenPLi is working fine if you flash the right image.

First it is not true that I inserted recovery_emmc image in slot 2...

I specified the order of the tested images via usb to flash...

Try Pure 6.5 and OpenVix 5.3.039.if everything works properly the problem is solved

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #175 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:07

All the time I explain that I put the image on a usb stick and in the traditional way i do flash and that all partitions are deleted if there were any...

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #176 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:12

I think this whole discussion boils down to one sentence: programming teams OpenPLi and PurE2 do not want to find a solution to these two images work together in multiboot.

Sometimes I really think I am talking against a brick wall here...

One more time then:

There are two different multiboot partition formats, the old one, where every vendor has their own method for implementing multiboot, and the new one, where all vendors have unified and use the same method. Together with OE-A we have spend months convincing vendors this is a good idea. This is implemented in the vendors boot partition / boot menu and in the BSP.

These two partion formats are not compatible. To use OpenPLi 7.2 in multiboot you need an old style boot partition, to use OpenPLi 7.3 in multiboot you need a new style boot partition. It is not possible to have both <= 7.2 and 7.3 in multiboot at the same time.

So, which OpenPLi works depends on the version of boot partition you have. The boot partition is flashed with the USB image (OpenPLi) or Recovery image (OE-A).

PureE2 has no details of their OE or build environment public, so no idea what system they use. But if OpenPLi 7.2 works and 7.3 doesn't, my guess would be the old partition system.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #177 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:20

Sometimes I really think I am talking against a brick wall here...

One more time then:

There are two different multiboot partition formats, the old one, where every vendor has their own method for implementing multiboot, and the new one, where all vendors have unified and use the same method. Together with OE-A we have spend months convincing vendors this is a good idea. This is implemented in the vendors boot partition / boot menu and in the BSP.

These two partion formats are not compatible. To use OpenPLi 7.2 in multiboot you need an old style boot partition, to use OpenPLi 7.3 in multiboot you need a new style boot partition. It is not possible to have both <= 7.2 and 7.3 in multiboot at the same time.

So, which OpenPLi works depends on the version of boot partition you have. The boot partition is flashed with the USB image (OpenPLi) or Recovery image (OE-A).

PureE2 has no details of their OE or build environment public, so no idea what system they use. But if OpenPLi 7.2 works and 7.3 doesn't, my guess would be the old partition system.

According to this method, OpenPli 7.3 should be put in flash,I tried and explained everything else...

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #178 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:24

No, ATV 6.5, the latest OpenVIX, etc, their recovery images all use the new partition system.

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #179 sportfootbol

• 171 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:34

All of the above was in flash ..Each number is a new flash...Flash done with a image in usb...

Re: OpenPLi 7.3 Release available. #180 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:36

Weird that both IMS and Pr2 can't reproduce your issue, their H7 works fine...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users