36 replies to this topic

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #21 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 4 January 2009 - 16:31

BTW , those channels are using NDS

since 1.5 year am waiting for fix ! nothing new ...
did u test these subtitles with other dream STB's?

I am watching them coded by Criptoworks! And from long time problem with subs!
I was test only with DM500 but i heard also problems with Enigma2 software!

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #22 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 January 2009 - 20:02

well, I post a topic in dream-multimedia-tv.de and hope they can fix the source .

note: this subtitle is supported only with DVBviewer (dvb PC Card) ! with suitable CODEC (PowerDVD8..etc)
but you post before that's works with Nabilosat firmware v0.8
I test this version but not work with me here ! I think it's another case

ET9000,DM500s+usbTTdvb-3600 ,DVB2000,Humax5400, MACbook PRO retina 13", MAC pro 2 x Quad XEON-2.8GB , 8GB ECC, 4TB+FusionDrive(SSD) , LG-24FHD, HD6870,Debian server

"Since the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity"

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #23 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 6 January 2009 - 15:49

Well i still dont have reply from dream forum or directly from dream multimedia! So i dont hope they will fix CVS!
I hope when developers here find some time to try fix if possible the subtitles! Thanks!

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #24 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 7 January 2009 - 10:04

Well i have a suggestion.....
Why Pli team dont make an external subtitle application that can be downloaded from addons and care for DVB subtitle display?
And why not open source so everyone to can modify it for subtitle differences in their country? In that way the plug in(app) can help fixing the subs! because in situation like this if someone want to write a plugin for Pli about subs he will need a correct CVS repository! And that is a problem because can be downloaded only latest tuxbox CVS but there is troubles downloading older date cvs! And writing plugin with latest cvs and use it on older image make the plugin to not work! Well its just a suggestion! So if anyone can give ideas please write here! Thanks! Or if anyone here is up to write a plugin for Pli about DVB subtitles also feel free to write here!
Well i am very up to writing a plugin but my c/c++ level of programming is low! I am a Delphi c# programmer and i program for windows not for linux! So can Pli make an open source plugin or do someone can do it?
P.S. i know about gSUB but that plugin not work stable and is completely not usable because hang very very often or mess up the color palette of subtitles!

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #25 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 7 January 2009 - 10:47

P.S. i know about gSUB but that plugin not work stable and is completely not usable because hang very very often or mess up the color palette of subtitles!

indeed, that's why we don't prefer an external subtitle application, that's exactly what you'll get.
subtitle support in enigma needs to be improved, that's the way to go. And enigma is opensource, so anybody can make fixes if subtitling is not working in his country.

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #26 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 7 January 2009 - 11:03

indeed, that's why we don't prefer an external subtitle application, that's exactly what you'll get.
subtitle support in enigma needs to be improved, that's the way to go. And enigma is opensource, so anybody can make fixes if subtitling is not working in his country.

Yes its open source but the problem is that the user usually cant test what he get due to that the open source version does not support emulators (without additional modifications)and cant work safe on clone dreambox(as far as i know)! So cant be use for debug only for subtitles! The user have to build the whole image! That is unconviniant and unusual as plugins can be build! From developer point of view i think that is not conviniant! And now we are in situation that very like Pli image becasue is stable and with many feautures but cant completly enjoy due to that Dream multimedia didnt test their subtitle support and even doesnt care (as not answer to forum posts or e-mails) !
Thats why i was think a plugin or app will be conviniant! But i understand your point of view and that external app can cause many trouble! Anyway i hope a fix of that subtitles (from dream multimedia or Pli team anyway)! Thanks! :)

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #27 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 7 January 2009 - 11:46

One can create a patch based on the tuxbox (cvs) image. That patch can be send to dream so they can include it in cvs. If they don't, the patch can be send to us and if we like it we can include it in the image.

The tuxbox image doesn't include emulators and doesn't have a nice gui to download and start an emu. But if you start one from the commandline or /var/etc/init it just works without any problems.
Support for clone dreamboxes is not our concern.

The whole image? You build the cdk and the whole image once. In your dev-test loop you just build enigma, copy it to the box and test. Yes this is slower than plugin development, since enigma needs to be restarted, but it doesn't differ that much.

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #28 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 January 2009 - 14:41

But if you start one from the commandline or /var/etc/init it just works without any problems.
Support for clone dreamboxes is not our concern.

recently I compile CVS Image and compress it then I tried to excute CCcam emu inside the box everything ok program start but not able to handle scramble channel and ECM's can't go to the EMU
here is the log !
~ > ./var/bin/CCcam -dv
14:19:03.684 CCcam: ======================================================================
14:19:03.686 CCcam: starting CCcam 2.0.10 compiled on Nov 1 2008@14:56:24
14:19:03.687 CCcam: ======================================================================
14:19:03.688 CCcam: online using nodeId f08c84eeb3823860
14:19:03.707 CCcam: DM56xx/500/600 detected
14:19:03.708 CCcam: create 2 cam device(s)
14:19:03.788 CCcam: added 764 keys from /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
14:19:03.833 CCcam: added 434 keys from /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
14:19:03.855 CCcam: parsed 325 entries from /var/etc/CCcam.prio
14:19:04.001 CCcam: added 1236 provider names from /var/etc/CCcam.providers
14:19:10.016 CCcam: added 7632 channel names from /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
14:19:10.017 CCcam: server started on port 12002
maybe it's PMT? handle or related

plz share idea

br

ET9000,DM500s+usbTTdvb-3600 ,DVB2000,Humax5400, MACbook PRO retina 13", MAC pro 2 x Quad XEON-2.8GB , 8GB ECC, 4TB+FusionDrive(SSD) , LG-24FHD, HD6870,Debian server

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #29 updatelee

• 631 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 January 2009 - 15:18

did you killall dccamd first ?
DM500, DM7000, DM800 Fortec Mercury II, sg2100, winegard 39", invacom qph-031 Toshiba TRX-2220 ku-linear

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #30 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 January 2009 - 15:28

/images/smiley/grin.gif
thanks for help it does work now !

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #31 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 January 2009 - 07:26

Hello! I have just got an reply from dream multimedia......
They said they can support another images than Official dream image and they also dont support tuxbox cvs too!
So they cant help my problem with subtitles! I am little confused :(
Who is developer of cvs.tuxbox.org?! And with who i have to contact to fix CVS? Thnaks!

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #32 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2009 - 11:08

so if you want their help, use an official dream image. Thats how it is, and always has been.

And if you have patches for tuxbox, you can send them to us, or to the dmm developers.
There is a large number of tuxbox developers, among which dmm developers, and PLi developers.

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #33 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2009 - 14:15

so the official dream image does not supported I also post a topic there with TS include 3 languages embedded and log's also GP ignore my request
my question now what to do what is the next step i make huge searching for a solution but my problem here not with "closed caption" cause 2 images does support that
some new enhancement and new fixes around comes from http://www.etsi.org/...dsDownload.aspx

BR

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #34 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 January 2009 - 14:31

So i also researched for a solution but nothing so far!
That channels that i have problem with are simulcrypt with Cryptowroks and NDS!
So maybe is similar to your situation! The only thing i was noticed that PES packets are very late and they miss thei show up time so PES filter drop them and not show them on screen! But that is all i was find out so far! No help from dream multimedia or someone else so far!
Yes i know i can make a patch for tuxbox but my linux programming is very bad and i dont have needed software to make a debug so to understand do my modification will work! So if someone can do something write here please! Thanks!

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #35 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2009 - 14:35

have u test channels with DVBviewer? cause my channels here works with Standard ETS 300743 - and dvbviewer up2date with the new features !

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #36 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 January 2009 - 14:47

No i didnt test with DVBviewer! I cant test with it! I need to make it work on dreambox! DVB viewer can work but that not mean it will work with dreambox software! My subtitles also are same standard!

Re: Any news about DVB subtitles? #37 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:50

@ DimitarCC have a look in linuxstb forum
fergy post code !! maybe it could help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users