Vu duo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 labascal

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:19

Hi,

When I press the recordings button to access the files, enigma gets thinking and stuck, and file list are not shown. If I reboot it works fine, but after of some hours of normal use, if I press the recording button same problem again.

I thought firstly that it could be a problem when trying to start the hdd after it goes to standby, but it is not the case, as I have it to go into standby after 5 min, and after a reboot evryrithing works fine the first couple of hours.

It is tricky therefore as I cannot get a clue of the possible reason, and as it does not crash, it won't generate a log, I guess.

It is happening since the kernel update.

Someone else is experiencing the same problem, or has an idea of the possible cause?

Best regards,

Edited by labascal, 14 January 2012 - 12:21.

Re: Problem accessign recording files #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:22

Sounds like the harddisk isn't responding. You should check that using ftp or telnet.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Problem accessign recording files #3 labascal

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:41

Thxn, I'll try to acces via ftp next time it gets stuck to see if I can acces hdd, and feedback. Right now it is working (murphy).

Re: Problem accessign recording files #4 labascal

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2012 - 22:12

Hi,

It happenned again, and meawhile enima is "thinking" and stuck, I do can access the hdd folder and files through ftp, therfore the harddisk is responding.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem accessign recording files #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2012 - 15:02

In that case you should start enigma in the foreground and watch the output.

telnet box
init 4
enigma2

when done, type init 3 to start enigma in the normal way.

But anyway, completely flashing the box is probably the fastest way to get rid of the problem.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 16 January 2012 - 15:03.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Problem accessign recording files #6 labascal

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 February 2012 - 00:41

Hi,

When I press the recordings button to access the files, enigma gets thinking and stuck, and file list are not shown. If I reboot it works fine, but after of some hours of normal use, if I press the recording button same problem again.

I thought firstly that it could be a problem when trying to start the hdd after it goes to standby, but it is not the case, as I have it to go into standby after 5 min, and after a reboot evryrithing works fine the first couple of hours.

It is tricky therefore as I cannot get a clue of the possible reason, and as it does not crash, it won't generate a log, I guess.

It is happening since the kernel update.

Someone else is experiencing the same problem, or has an idea of the possible cause?

Best regards,

Ok, it seems that the problme is not within the hdd but with mounted net units.

I have changed from duo to Vu ultimo, and still having same problme with pli. I even initilized again the hdd just in case, and still having the issue. Today I realized that it seems to be with mounted net units.

I have 2 folder from the PC mounted to /media/net as cifs, and the with a symlink to /hdd/movie so I can alos acces the films from the pc.

Today when I got again frozen when trying to access the recoreded movies I realized that I could acces by ftp the hdd folder but I was not able to access the /media/net content. Nor via ftp nor via telnet (stuck when duing ls insider /media net folder). If I reboot everithing OK, I can acces the folder from the PC and the problem only occurss after some time of usage.

Any Idea? It is only occurring since the 3.1.1. kernel update.

As info the PC is runnig W7.

Re: Problem accessign recording files #7 labascal

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:44

I was not able to short our the problem until i set up a nfs server in the PC and make teh conecction through NFS, instead of CIFs, therfore I assume that the problme was related to CIFs mounting, that it was disconeceted after a certain time. With NFS is working and stable.

Regards,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vu duo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users