Photo

Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #61 beka2

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 July 2018 - 15:50

What about the fibre solution from global invacom, does it work the same as those Unicable LNBs from inverto, since it sends all frequencies down a single fibre ?

No clue here.

Basically FBC tuners can use all quadrants from a single sat, is this right ?

No. In a regular setup they're just two normal tuners and six "leaf" tuners that enigma connects to one of them when required. In a SCR setup they're eight independent tuners.

Its in this SCR setup that I'm interested in.

These FBC tuners working in a SCR setup have to be paired with specific LNBs so that they can use the 8 separate tuners, right ?

I assume only the tuners in unicable.xml are supported and, besides these, the tuner will work as a regular setup?

I'm sorry for the questions but there's so much information around and nothing that one can actually read and understand the whole picture :(

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #62 Abu Baniaz

• 602 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 8 July 2018 - 22:43

FBC tuners do not have to be paired to any specific LNBs. Confusion will not stop until people stop linking FBC and SCR, they are two different technologies that can be used together.

An FBC tuner will work with a universal LNB. Ignore the people who say you cannot.

An FBC tuner will work with an SCR LNB/Switch too. Ones with at least 8 SCR/channels will be best.

How many SCR/channels does your device have? Can you post a link to the data sheet?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #63 Abu Baniaz

• 602 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 8 July 2018 - 22:45

If your device is not listed in the XML file, there is manual input, but best is to add it to the xml file.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #64 beka2

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 July 2018 - 23:17

I've been reading for the entire afternoon about this topic.

I think I finally grasp the means of all this.

I wanted to upgrade from a Duo2 into an Ultimo4K not only because of the 4K for future proof, and also because I would be able to use more transponders.

At the moment I have my setup with a Fibre LNB, and at the other end a quad GTU which is basically the same as a quad LNB.

Through all the read I gave into the topic, I understand what is SCR, and it doesn't have SCR ( https://www.gionline...Quatro - 02.pdf ).

This would be the closest possible (https://www.gionline...nal version.pdf) however given it does only give 4 SCRs it's not an improvement over what I have given I'm not a Sky user and that I already have a "quad LNB" connected to the STB ...

I very much like this ( http://inverto.tv/mu...h-1-legacy-port ) however it doesn't look like it supports Quad LNB as input but only quattro.

Unfortunatelly I cannot find a multiswitch that accepts quad LNB input (I can find quattro through) and outputs Unicable support with 16+ SCRs which would be enough for the whole satellite :(

So I either keep the current setup as it is and use the FBC with standard quad LNB (4 transponders), or invest a few and will be able to use the full technology of FBC paired with Switch with many SCRs by changing the quad to quattro and adding a Unicable switch (16 tuners).

----

It confused me at first because of the "Full band" keyword. Given that my LNB actually sends the full band down the fibre, and then converts it to a quad output I though that it could be something related, and that each output of that quad GTU would be the same as that Unicable technology people have been talking about.

But it seems Full Band Capture is a synonym of any transponder to a maximum of 8 SCR, and not an actual full-band coming in any format.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #65 Abu Baniaz

• 602 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 9 July 2018 - 00:21

Even using a single port universal LNB, an FBC tuner will allow you more usage than a conventional tuner.

If your current device can only do 4 SCRs, then that is still usable until you upgrade. Please await further response regarding what that device can do for you from the more technically astute members. Maybe you can e-mail the manufacturers too?

Should you need it, there are SCR switches that can accept quad/quattro LNBS and have 32 SCR. Have a look around. The forum is sponsored by Jultec, so check theirs first.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #66 beka2

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 July 2018 - 00:25

I tried to edit the previous post but was too late.

It seems I was mistaken, where this ( https://www.gionline...q-dscr-gtu&sm=4 ) supports 16 SCR per output and input in fiber which is perfect for my setup...

There wasn't too much info on their site, but deepwebz ( https://www.bauckhag...S-dSCR-GTU.html ) shown that it has 32 SCR total...

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #67 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 42,835 posts

+462
Excellent

Posted 9 July 2018 - 20:17

I only have experience with JESS and Unicable switches no LNB's. Connecting an SCR switch is very simple, if you have one switch, connect it to input 1 (aka "A") and have all the other tuners link to it. If you have two switches (as in my case), connect both switches to either one of the inputs ("A" and "B") and then distribute the leaf tuners as "clients" to either switch.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E/9E/4.8E/0.8W/5W via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
* Ziggo digital cable TV (FTA)

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.

Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #68 beka2

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 July 2018 - 00:30

Finally,

Assuming a twin FBC scenario, can I feed both (2x8 tuners) with 1 cable in one of them, or do I need a 2-way splitter with 1 cable going into each FBC?

Not sure if this is just a software thing, of if the second FBC also needs its own cable feed for 8 more SCR.

Edited by beka2, 10 July 2018 - 00:30.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #69 WanWizard

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 40,496 posts

+629
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:06

If you have a Unicable setup, you need a splitter. If you have a legacy setup, you need two more cables for the second tuner. There is no internal loop-through between the two FBC cards.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Currently in active use: HD2400 (4xS2)VU+Duo2 (3xS2)VU+Zero, Edision OS mini+, ET10000 (4xS2)

For testing purposes: XP1000Formuler F1 (2xS2)Miraclebox Premium Micro (S2+C/T),  ET7500 (S2)ET8500 (S2), Zgemma H2.H (S2+C)Zgemma H5.2TC (S2+C/T), SAB TripleAlpha (S2+C/T), Galaxy 4K (FBC), VU Zero 4K, Edision OS nino 

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #70 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 42,835 posts

+462
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2018 - 18:51

Finally,

Assuming a twin FBC scenario, can I feed both (2x8 tuners) with 1 cable in one of them, or do I need a 2-way splitter with 1 cable going into each FBC?

Not sure if this is just a software thing, of if the second FBC also needs its own cable feed for 8 more SCR.

No, don't worry. All tuners can be connected to either input. Although I never tried connecting a cable to the second input and assigning it to tuner "A". It might work, but it's not how it's intended to work.

If you are using SCR using a single cable (one switch or all LNB's connected to one cable), you can assign ALL 8 tuners to this cable, connect it to the first input, and then loop all tuners B-H through to A.

If you are using SCR using a two cables (two switches), you assign (loop through) some of the tuners to the first input ("A")and some of them to the second input ("B"). But that's a rare situation.

If you're not using SCR, enigma will take care of the (dynamic) looping through.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E/9E/4.8E/0.8W/5W via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.

Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #71 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 42,835 posts

+462
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2018 - 18:53

If you have a Unicable setup, you need a splitter. If you have a legacy setup, you need two more cables for the second tuner. There is no internal loop-through between the two FBC cards.

But there is within on FBC tuner complex. All root and leaf tuners can be connected. If you're only connecting one single FBC tuner complex, you don't need a splitter, just connect the cable to the first input.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #72 WanWizard

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 40,496 posts

+629
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2018 - 19:58

@Erik,

Assuming a twin FBC scenario, can I feed both (2x8 tuners) with 1 cable in one of them, or do I need a 2-way splitter

Yes, but as you can see, the question was explicit about two FBC tuners.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Currently in active use: HD2400 (4xS2)VU+Duo2 (3xS2)VU+Zero, Edision OS mini+, ET10000 (4xS2)

For testing purposes: XP1000Formuler F1 (2xS2)Miraclebox Premium Micro (S2+C/T),  ET7500 (S2)ET8500 (S2), Zgemma H2.H (S2+C)Zgemma H5.2TC (S2+C/T), SAB TripleAlpha (S2+C/T), Galaxy 4K (FBC), VU Zero 4K, Edision OS nino 

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #73 beka2

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 July 2018 - 18:16

@Erik,

Assuming a twin FBC scenario, can I feed both (2x8 tuners) with 1 cable in one of them, or do I need a 2-way splitter

Yes, but as you can see, the question was explicit about two FBC tuners.

Yes, I meant two FBC tuners.

Sorry for the misunderstandment, sometimes it's difficult with english not being your native language. And to help we have dual twin tuners and stuff like that hahah.

@Erik To clear things up:

I will need a simple splitter and two cables, one for each FBC tuner as @WanWizard said (Unicable II setup),

since there will be no way of looping tuners IJKLMNOP through A.

After out discussion and a lot of reading I understand how these technologies work.

I'm very tempted in pulling the plug on Ultimo4K + multiswitch with 32SCR. Going for the ultimate setup hahah.

Luckily I'm using fiber LNB and everything can be done without going to the roof.

Thanks a lot for your help guys! And I hope this read helps someone else in need. =)

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #74 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 42,835 posts

+462
Excellent

Posted 12 July 2018 - 18:49

I tend to read "dual" or "double" or "2" FBC tuners as "one FBC tuner complex", as it's commonly used that way.

If you have FOUR inputs, then you really have TWO FBC tuners.

And yes, input 1+2 can be looped internally and input 3+4 can be looped internally, 2-3 must be done externally. The DVB signal goes directly into the tuner, it's not forwarded over the PCB connector. That would probably be implossible anyway, only with fixed, dual, tuners (like tuner A+B on the DM8000).

Anyway, I have found a splitter device doesn't influence the signal quality significantly, don't be afraid for that. I don't have two DVB-S2 FBC tuner, but I do have the DVB-S2 FBC tuner looped through to a "regular" dual tuner and it works quite well. All SCR of course.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 12 July 2018 - 18:49.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users